Hey there! When it comes to fitness, whether you’re just starting to workout or wondering what you can do better, here’s some great info I recently received from Clayton Beatty, Exercise Scientist,Total Skiing Fitness, Surf ‘n’ Snow Fitness.
“If you want to transform your body and enhance your performance faster, check out these 7 tips to help fast track your results…
1. Follow a program. Don’t just make up your workout as you go. You will get faster results following a set routine and then changing it up every 4 weeks or so.
2. Test your fitness levels. Do some strength tests (e.g.,how many pullups), measure your body fat percentage, do the beep test. Anything that will help measure your fitness levels so you can track your improvements.
3. Plan your workout times in advance. Put them in your diary/calendar, etc and tick them off when you complete them.
4. Keep a food diary for a week. This will probably open your eyes to what you really eat. Not just what you think you eat.
5. Eat more vegetables and fruit. Try and have one or the other at every meal including snacks.
6. Stretch and do foam rolling. This will help your recovery, reduce injury risk and allow you to train harder next time.
7. Be consistent. Doing 2-3 workouts per week consistently over 6-12 months can have a big impact on your overall fitness levels.Combine that with smart nutrition and you can really transform your body.”
If you need a program to take your fitness and performance to the next level, I can help – just give me a call or send me an email. Let’s do it together!